Today's Scripture: Judges 6:14
" And the Lord looked upon him, and said, Go in this thy might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: have not I sent thee?"Today's Talk: "With God Nothing Shall Be Impossible" by Russell M. Nelson
Today is all about figuring out my
triggers. What sets off the downward spiral of my thoughts? What
turns me away from the love of God to the vain promises of the world?
With an eye towards processing my thoughts with God in a very honest
way (see DD Day 3), here is a list of what triggers me.
- Seeing someone who is “perfect”. We all have them. A person who can do all the things you want to do. And do them better. Who can overcome trials that are similar to yours in a productive and positive way. Who can “run” from depression and feels that medication is for weaklings who are lazy and don't try. Who hasn't gained 40 pounds. Who can run a sub-nine minute mile. Who always wears new cute clothes. Who never has to worry about money. Who's kids always have their hair done.... You know that person.
- Looking back at all my many failures. Examining them to an extreme to see what I could do better. Playing the “if only game”.
- Disagreements
- A messy house. Sad, but true.
- Getting dressed in something other than sweats. I don't have clothes that fit...since I gained 40 pounds. The ones I do have I look frumpy in. And I really hate to get dressed on Sundays.
Renee Swope says, “Conflict,
criticism and comparison are three triggers that lead me into that
yucky place of uncertantiy” This is true for me as well. Though I
think that comparison trigger is probably the biggest!
No comments:
Post a Comment