Yep. Still off the wagon. Feasting on doubt. I didn't even peak at the scripture for the day. Just read a book and pretended to live in another world.
Time to try again. At the end of this day I decided that it was time to refocus. So I picked up a book we got for Christmas-- For Times of Trouble by Jeffery R. Holland. This book is designed to find peace during difficulties by focusing on the Book of Psalms. The Psalm and subsequent commentary that I read was Psalms 18:36; 94:18-19:
"Thou has enlarged my steps under me that my feet did not slip"; "When I said, my foot slippeth; thy mercy, o Lord, held me up. In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul"
Elder Holland said, "He deals with us rather than with the problems we face... the Lord steadies us in those moments when we slip. He secures secures our footing. He keeps us from falling." Sometimes I feel like I'm always falling, sliding, struggling to keep my balance. Sometimes, I am not sure I can ever right myself. Elder Holland continued, "But we would do well to pause and give consideration to the dozens of times that we didn't slip". Maybe I need to focus on trying to see the times I did not fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment