Trigger: messy house........ Attack: clean it upInstead, this is how my day went. Sariah needed to print or send her essay to her teacher. It was do yesterday but her mom (me) sent the wrong one.
Trigger: getting dressed........Attack: wear work out clothes to run
Fear: failing as a mom........Attack: go on a walk with my daughter and clean house for kids
Fear: I can't run anymore........Attack: start running
Failing as a mom: CONFIRMED
So I got up and ran to the store to look for a new cable.
Getting dressed: Trigger Pulled
Then I searched Wal-Mart. Nothing. Target. Universal cord $80. No way. Best Buy. Wait until it opens at 10. Universal charger selection from $60-110. No way. At this point I was now in a hurry to drive to the school to pick up Grace.
I will never be a runner again: CONFIRMED
Now I am pretty stressed out. No walk. No happy talk.
Failing as a mom: CONFIRMED. Again.
Then we try Sears. Maybe they have a power cord. Nope. By now there is no way that I will get Sariah's essay to her before "Fun Friday".
Failing as a mom: CONFIRMED. Again and again.
Heading home now, having failed in my task.
Messy house: Trigger Pulled.
And now I have received absolute confirmation that the focusing nob on my spiritual binoculars is, in fact, totally broken. All I can see today is the void.
No comments:
Post a Comment