Tuesday, April 30, 2013

DD Day Two Report


When we got ready to say our family prayer tonight, Grace said, “Wait, I have to finish my super hero first!” I was intrigued about her new super hero so after the prayer I asked her to tell me about it. Her new super hero's name is Mrs. Giant. Mrs. Giant can step on the bad guys and crush them. She also has a fire button on her forehead that will make all the bad guys follow her and do what she wants.

As Grace explained this super hero, I wished I was that super hero. But guess what? I can be! From the very beginning God “put enmity between thee (Satan) and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thoushalt bruise his heel.” In Hebrew the word “bruise” means to crush. There seems to be a few different interpretations about how this all translates and whether both “bruise”s should be “crush” or only one. There is also discussion about how this was foreshadowing Christ's ability to overcome sin and death. Here is my interpretation based on what I've learned in my religious experiences... Satan can bite at and bruise the heel of man, but man through the atonement of Jesus Christ and power of God can crush Satan. That being said, I already have one of Mrs. Giant's super powers. I can crush the bad guys. I have access to the healing power Christ's atonement to heal the bruises left on my heals from trials, temptations and sins. I have access to the power of God to send Satan away and to crush his AM (against me) thoughts.

Guess what else? I have Mrs. Giant's other super power too! That is what I am discovering through this process. I have a “fire button” on my forehead that can turn all the bad thoughts to good ones. Just like switching the frequency from AM to FM. I asked Grace to explain how the fire button works. Do you push it when you see the bad guys? Does it shoot out fire? Is it a laser? She said no. When bad guys come around, they just switch to doing what she thinks. It's automatical. And I am finding the more I feel my head with the words of the Lord, the more “automatical” my “fire button” is.

I am also looking to develop a few more super powers. Something similar to what Elder Cook describes: “...we must have a “hearing ear” and a “seeing eye,” both directed upward. We must act on the direction we receive. We must look up and step up. And as we do, I know we will cheer up, for God wants us to be happy.”

So my report on this day... I AM A SUPER HERO! Now if only I could do something about the name...


No comments: