Thursday, May 2, 2013

Doubt Diet Day 4

Today's Scripture: Luke 10:40-42

"But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.

And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:

But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her."

Today's Talk: "Of Things That Matter Most" by Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Here is what sticks out to me first from the 7-Day Doubt Diet: "Looking back now, I can see that I was doing things, but not all of them were God's things for me during that season of my life. The truth is I was serving God more than I was seeking God."-- Renee Swope.
 
 This was a comforting thought to me. Maybe, Heavenly Father wanted me to be released as Young Women's President not because He no longer needed me. Not because I could no longer serve Him. Not because I was no longer of use to the Young Women. Maybe now was the time to be released so that I could have more time to seek Him.
 
I loved serving Him. I loved working with all the beautiful young women in my ward. I loved seeing them grow and learn and build their testimonies. I loved hearing listening to them. I loved the inspiration that I constantly received in their behalf. I loved the feeling that the Lord sought out me to do for Him. But maybe, right now-- this season, is time for me to seek Him. You know, my dear friend Amanda (who also served with me in the YW Presidency) said something like this to me on the day the Bishop came to extend a release to me. I didn't really want it to be true. It seemed almost selfish that I would go from His service so that I could strengthen me. But today, I realized that that simplistic view was incorrect. He still has plans for me, but I need this time to seek Him. To build up my spiritual reserves and to strengthen my faith so that I can serve Him again when called. 

No comments: