Neal A. Maxwell said, "worldly anxieties are not part of being 'anxiously engaged' (D&C: 58.27)". Sometimes, it is time to stop. To be still and know He's God. "God is in the details! Just as the Lord know all of His vast creations, He also knows and loves each in any crowd- indeed, He knows and loves each an all of mankind".
As you all know by now, one of my great fears is that I am failing as a mother. Today, I started reading a new book (I'm still keeping my reading to uplifting stuff instead of escaping stuff), No More Perfect Moms by Jill Savage. Something she said in the book really struck me: "There are no perfect moms- just imperfect women who will fall off the pedestal of their own expectations more often than they care to admit." I don't know how many times I have fallen off my own "perfect pedestal" and then picked it up to hit myself in the head with it. You know, just to make sure it sunk in. And then I erect it again and try to climb up. Funny thing is, I am not suppose to be perfect yet. God has provided "ample provision" for the redemption of His children. This provision "consists of imperfect people like you and me, committed to shining and serving in our appointed orbits, knowing all the while that we are encircled 'in the arms of (His) love' (D&C 6:20)".
He has started a great work in me. Before I came here. When I was baptized at 17. When I recommitted to not only believing but knowing the gospel. When I promised Him and received a further endowment of His glory. When I became wife, mother, primary teacher, education counselor, YW president... Right now. He has started a great work in me and He has no intention of stopping until "the day of Jesus Christ". I don't need to be perfect. Only authentic. I don't need to stand on the proverbial pedestal. Only kneel before Him.
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment