Thursday, May 16, 2013

DD Day 16 Review

Sometimes when I read the scriptures there are phrases that just resonate in my soul. They jump off the page and connect to me. When I was reading the 31st Psalm today, there were quite a few of these. With a bit of rearrangement, this could be from me:

"I am in trouble... mine eye is consumed with grief" (v.9) So please, Heavenly Father, "Bow down thy ear to me" (v. 2). Please, don't just hear me. Come closer because what I have to say I may only be able to whisper and I need you close to hear. To comfort me while I share. I need to know, that "thou has considered my trouble" (v. 7).  Not just heard me,  but you have thought carefully, taken into account and looked thoughtfully at what troubles my heart. Because right now, "I am forgotten... I am like a broken vessel" (v. 12). A vessel, meant to carry your love and mercy. But it feels broken and I feel forgotten. Heavenly Father, I need you to remind me to "be of good courage" (v. 24) because you will "Let the lying lips be put to silence" (v.18). Especially when those lying lips are found only in my head. For there is "hope in the Lord" (v. 24) and "Into thine hand I commit my spirit" (v. 5).

Anyone who knows me really well, knows that Jeffery R. Holland has often served as a beacon of hope in the sea of my lose. What I am feeling now is lose. His words have brought me nearer to God and have pulled me through some of the darkest shadows. So, knowing I would surely feel more broken today, I felt it was timely to hear him remind me that God can and does mend broken things. I need to hear an apostle of God remind me of this great promise: "I promise you He is not going to turn His back on us now. When He says to the poor in spirit, 'Come unto me,' He means He knows the way out and He knows the way up. He knows it because He has walked it. He knows the way because He is the way."

I am trying "to reach out, however feebly, for Him". Because God is for me. He is never against me.

No comments: