After a friend informed me that she was certain my back tire was going to fall off my van and volunteered to drive me home from a mechanic, I decided that the shaking my van had last night was not going away. So bright and early this morning we took it to the shop. Eight hours, 3 tires and 2 new brakes later we had our van back. And we were grateful that it was not more serious!
This is how my day started. It made for a very hard day with the girls when they learned that instead of swimming we would be sitting at home waiting. And waiting. And waiting. Because I really needed the van back today! It was a long and cranky day at my house.
But at 6pm it began to turn around. I left the house and my kids to take some pictures of my sister-in-law's family. I was a little nervous because she wanted a family picture with their horse, Babe. I have never tried to work with a horse! They don't listen as well... even worse than toddlers. And if you make them mad they might just step on all the children. So, yeah, I was nervous. But it went surprisingly well. There were a few set backs with Babe. The twins had to jump up once and we were a bit worried that Chloe was still on her back (Chloe was loving it!). The biggest set back with the horse was doing those pictures first. After Babe left, there were no more smiles from Chloe! All she wanted to do was ride the horse! lol
Here are some of my favorite shots:










I love the field we were in! It was beautiful! Especially with the sunlight shining in the girls wheat colored hair. It was so nice! Somethings I tried worked out really well. Some not so well. And somethings I wasn't able to even try because of poor sad kids, fat lips and a moody horse. That's why I only do this for family... they forgive me even if its not perfect.
One hundred-ninty-eight pictures later, I joined a few of my wonderful lady friends for dessert! We had a great time visiting and eating (two of my favorite things). By the time I got home I felt like I had lived two different days in one. One horrible expensive sit around do nothing but be cranky and make a mess around the house day. And one lovely sun setting wheat glowing talent building fantastic company day. Things really did turn around.
This is how my day started. It made for a very hard day with the girls when they learned that instead of swimming we would be sitting at home waiting. And waiting. And waiting. Because I really needed the van back today! It was a long and cranky day at my house.
But at 6pm it began to turn around. I left the house and my kids to take some pictures of my sister-in-law's family. I was a little nervous because she wanted a family picture with their horse, Babe. I have never tried to work with a horse! They don't listen as well... even worse than toddlers. And if you make them mad they might just step on all the children. So, yeah, I was nervous. But it went surprisingly well. There were a few set backs with Babe. The twins had to jump up once and we were a bit worried that Chloe was still on her back (Chloe was loving it!). The biggest set back with the horse was doing those pictures first. After Babe left, there were no more smiles from Chloe! All she wanted to do was ride the horse! lol
Here are some of my favorite shots:











I love the field we were in! It was beautiful! Especially with the sunlight shining in the girls wheat colored hair. It was so nice! Somethings I tried worked out really well. Some not so well. And somethings I wasn't able to even try because of poor sad kids, fat lips and a moody horse. That's why I only do this for family... they forgive me even if its not perfect.
One hundred-ninty-eight pictures later, I joined a few of my wonderful lady friends for dessert! We had a great time visiting and eating (two of my favorite things). By the time I got home I felt like I had lived two different days in one. One horrible expensive sit around do nothing but be cranky and make a mess around the house day. And one lovely sun setting wheat glowing talent building fantastic company day. Things really did turn around.
7 comments:
Seriously, you have got some talent! I think you would find friends to be forgiving too! Why am I paying Photogenics???
sigh...I just wasn't in the artistic line in heaven...
Kelli! I had no idea you were SUPERWOMAN. You are so full of talent it's not even funny. These photos are GORGEOUS. Way to go! LOVE the horse in the pics. WOW. That is all I can say, WOW.
When is my appointment? Enough said.
Wow. Very impressive! You are awesome! And what cute kids!
Isn't it amazing how one event can totally turn everything around? For good and bad. I know I don't comment much (it's that crazy need I have for blogging anonymity) but I enjoy reading all your blog posts and your secrets to life. Who knew there were so many? :) I'm glad we're running friends now, too. I'm rediscovering my old night-running self and it's very enjoyable. So, thanks for that, too! Have a good day.
So I told you I would comment- you are so talented- I need to get my pics to look as good as yours! I totally agree with Heather!
kelli-WOW! You take fantastic pictures! How much do you charge seriously? I want to know so when I need pictures again, I want to hire you!
Post a Comment