Thursday, July 3, 2008

Got Wheels?

There were too many people there for this to classify as a secret. Jaqui planned an exciting adventure at the Jordan River Parkway. We planned on taking the kids on wheels along the path for fun! Get a little exercise, chat a little and let the kids play.


Here we are starting out:

Lexi was very excited to go:

Everyone had a fun time on wheels:


But a few people had to work harder:

Than others:


And then there was Sophie's idea of working hard:

This was our first attempt at something like this, so here are my "notes to self" for the next time.

Bring more water, but it is okay if Emily is still in charge of it:


Don't send Heather after Emily who went after Caely and Adrianna who were looking for these boys:


Who weren't really missing. Calling on a cell phone is a much better idea than sending everyone after one another much like the old woman who swallowed a fly!


But if you do have extra time waiting for everyone, climbing on the hill of black rocks is very entertaining, just ask Spencer:


Or you could always eat candy, after all, you have worked really hard!

At the end my kids said, "Is that it?" They really wanted to play on the park or swim in the river since we were at the Jordan River Parkway. It was a lot of fun even if it was really hot!! I know, I know, Heather would tell me that I am a whiner, but I never lived in Texas. I might actually melt there....

P.S. Emily, is this enough pictures for you?

2 comments:

Emily K. said...

Fabulous marker of our day, thanks! I love how you put everything together, you're definitely a scrapbooker.

Jaqui said...

I will just post on my blog "please see Kelli's blog" because I am to tired! No, not really. It was fun, especially since I wasn't the one to have to go after anyone. Poor Emily and Heather.