Sunday, June 22, 2008

Secrets from You to Me (June)

So, I was thinking... since I have been in the Primary, I have very few oppurtunities to hear the testimonies of my friends. You are probably thinking, "what does she do during Fast and Testimony meeting?" Well, have you met my daughter? If I get 10 minutes to really listen, then Sacrament Meeting was a success. But I really do miss that closer feeling of sisterhood as women share their testimonies in Relief Society. So I have decided to use my blog for good! (You know instead of an outlet for me to ask about boob jobs).

So this month, share a secret with me! Tell me about a time when you knew that you were a child of God. Post it here or spead it to others via your blog.

Here's my secret.

I have had a few times when I have truly felt like a daughter of God. One very special time was in November of 1994 when I was baptized. Some of you already know about this, but for those of you who don't, here it is. I was 17 years old when I finally accepted the Savior into my life and decide to join the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I wasn't quite sure what to expect at my baptism. I think I thought it would be something like swimming... you know when you dunk your head under water. But what I got was very different. The waters of baptism were nothing like I expected. It did not feel like water. I did not move like water. It was something more. And when I was under that water, what I felt was heavenly. I felt completely enveloped in the love of my Heavenly Father. As if he had his arms around me. Hugging me. Telling his daughter that all things past are forgiven. Go forward with faith. Go forward with me. It was a really special experience.

There's my secret. What's yours?

3 comments:

Stephen Purser said...

There have been many times in my life that I felt a child of my Heavenly Father.

When I got baptised. When I was ordained an elder. While serving a mission. Marrying my beautiful, wonderful wife. That's kelli by the way. Holding all four of my beautiful daughters.

The most resent was when I lost my father. For the majority of my life I had been scared of that day. My father has been a lot of things to me. I didn't think I would ever be ok with giving him up. When it did happen, My Heavenly Father was quick to react. He helped me see the Plan of Salvation in a more deeper way than I had ever seen before. He led me along the path of grief, with love. He helped me see that my father is well taken care of, and that I will see him agian. I hope this is what your looking for on this "blog".

I love you kelli

Jaqui said...

There are so many experiences I could share, but as I sat down tonight and looked at my blog, I felt so blessed to have my children in my life. Each time I have brought one of my baby girls into the world I have felt my Heavenly Father's love for me. I know that it is tremendous responsibility that he has given me. I feel honored that he has trusted me with these sweet spirits. Even when times are rough, and I wonder how I will get through the day, I know that I love my children without question. I know that the way I feel is just a fraction of what our Father feels for us and it leaves me in awe just to think about the depth and the constancy of his love.

Amy said...

I wish that I could say that I have had a big WOW time when I have felt that confirming spirit that I was a daughter of a Heavenly father. I can't; but at the same time I have never doubted that fact.
I have, at times, felt alone that He was far away. But every time that I feel that way I realize and re-realize that I have moved away from him and not the other way around.
I recently had a time where I felt that loss of his love in my life. Mainly due to my pride that says I am strong enough to do everything required of me and more, without any help from anyone. Weren't we sent here to be tested to prove that we can do all that is required? But boy I had forgotten the big picture. Humility, submitting to the will of the Lord and faith that He will lead us to what will truly make us happy.
I am grateful for the knowledge of the Savior and his atoning sacrifice for me and the love that he has for me and everyone. I am also thankful for those special people he has placed in my life to keep me grounded and heading in the right direction. Also for the little nudges from the spirit whispering to me.
I am thankful for you.