Saturday, August 2, 2008

Secrets of Breaking Dawn

Just kidding!!! Don't worry, this is not a spoiler post about anything that happened in the book! But I did want to post about the fun night we had getting the book!

It began at 7 pm Friday night at Mr. Cs. We went to enjoy some gelato with friends before we headed over to the party. I was sooooo glad that our "human" friend Heather could join us. Wish she could have stayed even though she hasn't even read one of the books yet!




And then we headed over to Barnes and Nobel where are secret project was a huge hit! They recorded members of our group for Fox 13 news, the radio station took pix for their website as did Twilight Moms, and of course all the numerous people who stopped us randomly to take pictures of our shirts. Some of our group was even asked if they would sell theirs.... So for all of you dying to know what a secret project was, here it is....

Great work on the slogan Kaella! It was a huge hit!

Then we strolled around B&N for a while running into all sorts of great characters.

Jaqui with a member of the Volturi

Not sure who they are... someone said they were Emett and Rosalie, but come on Rosalie is blonde! But I loved her dress... you can't really see it here, but it was beautiful and modest! That is the kind of dress I want my girls to pick out for dances

Me and Jaqui with Alice


Bella and Edward... the line to have your picture taken was amazingly long!

They were also having many games, which we didn't really play. But this was our favorite:


We had our own personal contest for who the most obsessed teenagers.... and the winner is:


And for the most obsessed moms:


But they say that it is really Ali... but she'll never admit it!


Thanks to the amazing and wonderful Erica Booth (kneeling at her feet saying I'm not worthy!), we were able to get our books in record time! At 12:03, all 2o-something of us were out of Deseret Book with our books in hand:

And then it was off to Jaqui's for a read-a-thon! We literally stayed up all not reading. Seriously! All night, I didn't even stop to close my eyes until about 1pm and then it was only an hour nap! I did feel bad for my sister though... she was trying to savor the book so I was reading it twice as fast as she was. Sorry you had to endure all my "Ahhh!"s and "Ohhh!"s and giggles and "no! no! no!"s. I am sure it was horrible!

I do have thoughts, opinions etc on the book, but I'll give the rest of you a chance to finish it before I start spoiling it for you!

To my Jamie.... I missed you! I missed you! I missed you! We so desperately wanted to have you with us!!!!!! We ARE doing the movie together! And you are welcome to join us a "sister-wife" to Edward!

PS Thanks to all my friends who brought their teenage daughters to this. I can't wait (really I can, I don't want them to grow too fast) to take my girls to something like this! It was fun to watch you all interact and share a comman interest! Thanks for acting as Alice and giving me a glimpse into my future!

7 comments:

Jen said...

I feel so honored that I met you only yesterday and I am the first to to comment on this post after I blog stalked you from Jaqui! I consider you my BFF now that we hung out on an all night girls night out waiting for a book! I have been blog stalking all day and I think you are one of the first to pull it off. Thank you for being a great friend to me and talking with me. You made the evening very enjoyable! If you don't mind I am adding you to my blog so I look like I know a lot of people but mostly its just so I can see what you are doing. Happy Reading!

heidivee said...

Not finished w/ the book yet...I've had company to entertain until about 30 minutes ago!! READING TIME. Oh, wait. I should probably get church clothes/bags/treats ready first. And maybe take a shower??? Cute pics from our fun night out. But you didn't get one of me in my prom dress. Hello, how could you forget to take a picture of me in my dress??? hehehe

Heather Shepherd said...

Thanks for including me in your night out! I'm almost done with "The Last Lecture" and then I can bug you or Jaqui for the first book.

I spent all night dreaming about what kind of slogan I might go for if I was to be a Jacob fan after reading the books. It was hard 'cause, you know, I haven't read the books...

Amy said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun. Even though I wasn't excited about the book it would have been great to be there you gals are nuts! But it looked like a blast.
I told myself after the 3rd book that I coulnd't bring myself to read another book from the series. But my interest is peaked and I at least have to know who she picks. But not bad enough to read the forth book. So let me know who wins the girl and I'll be happy.
BTW I've emailed you a couple times are you getting them?

Shannon said...

How fun was that?! It looks like you had the night of your lives! And you were up and about teaching your primary class today. I didn't even see you nodding off during ST. Incredible!

heather said...

You guys are too cute. I am dying to ask somebody if the msg I saw on an overpass is true or not. I keep thinking I just need to find out myself. You guys are hilarious, I'm glad you had a great time and sorry I missed it.

Jaqui said...

Did you see our shirts on the news? How cool are we? ;) Thanks for coming out of the 'closet' with your obsession so you could be crazy with me! Life would be soo boring if I had to do it by myself