Last night, Steve took me to see Mama Mia. I had heard some pretty great things about it and I just want to say that they were all true!!
I laughed, I cried, I blushed, but mostly I was just completely entertained. I thought it was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!
It seems to fit well with my mood lately. I want to act like a teenager again! Not in the bad gossipy, self-conscious, horrible ways. Just in all the fun ways. I find myself convincing people to stay out late getting ice cream or at book group. I want to walk around in the dark and laugh with my girlfriends. I want to convince people to go to the gas station in the middle of the night for a Coke (though when I was a teenager we got nachos too). I just want to have moments in my life when I don't have to worry about being mom/wife/primary teacher/maid/cook! To feel free like a teenager!
So when Meryl and her friends put on crazy outfits and beginning dancing on the bed singing, Dancing Queen, I thought to myself.... Who will come to my house and do that with me?
Really, I loved this movie! It was so carefree and fun! I loved the music, though I am not sure that I can listen to any of the songs in the same light anymore. However, this may not be an appropriate movie for all men. On the way out, a guy turned to his wife and said, "I feel so violated!" And I believe that one of our friends felt the same way!
8 years ago
5 comments:
When should I come over? If you are a teenager again, then I must be one too. Whooohooo! Just say "NO!" to growing old!
I haven't seen the movie but I hear it is so good. I'm down for a little dance or two. Heck I don't even need to claim to be a teenager. :) You're so cute!
AMEN! I have been feeling like I deserve to be "free" a little bit now and again too. And now I can have parties even if my parents aren't home!
When I first saw the movie I was a little embarrassed to be sitting next to my oh-so-proper sis-in-law...but after I got home I couldn't get the music out of my head. I really liked it a lot. Just a fun 'escape from reality' kind of movie. And I will totally dance and sing with you if I can wear my feather boa and borrow a hairbrush. (microphone). :)
I LOVE ABBA!!! Haven't seen the movie yet, but I so want to! This gal I know says that Mama Mia is to us ladies what High School Musical is to the teeny boppers. I remember doing all those fun teenage girl things. Sometimes it would be nice just to pretend to be that carefree!
Post a Comment