Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Secrets from my Visiting Teacher

Today, I received an E-mail with this link from my Visiting Teacher:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAjkRkF2yEs

I really want to add this song to my playlist, but it is not available.

I am so grateful to have good friends who care about me and reach out to me. Thank you for your kindness. Thank you for not judging me. Or asking me "What is wrong with you?!"

Heather, you should win an award. When I think about what it means to truly be a Visiting Teacher... to reach out with love and understanding to those sisters in your charge. I can't help but see how lovingly you do this. It is funny to think that I have never had a formal or traditional visit with you. Somehow you meet my needs without it. Even better than some who dutifully make a visit each month. Thank you for making my burden lighter. I am sorry I just dumped it at your feet, but I am glad that you left a song in my heart. I hope you realize that you made feel just like that Hymn #125, "I'll drop my burdens at his feet. And bear a song away". Literally. Through you. Thank you. Love you.

I love all the rest of you too! Maybe my glowing praise/ bragging about my Visiting Teacher should have been in an e-mail, but it was just not enough! Plus, I really wanted to share this with you. Sorry I am so sappy now...

2 comments:

Heather Shepherd said...

I was thankful that someone put that on YouTube. There are no available lyrics online either! It took me ages to even figure out who sang the song (stupid radio stations that don't give credit!)

the other one you may like is on nutty moms. don't know if you'd seen that one too or not.

I'm glad you're my buddy too!

Kristin said...

This is Kristin Norris (Jaqui's friend_ - just wanted to say thanks for your post - I loved the link - it is not a song that I had heard before - we all have our moments and knowing that other amazing women have their struggles too I think helps us to know that we can get past our own