DAY ONE
Today I am suppose to get real. You know, determine what my doubts are so that I can face them and expel them. So here is a small sample of my current doubts:- That I will be eaten by a whale.... okay, not literally. But much like Jonah was swallowed up by a whale for attempting to run away from what was asked of him by God. Last year at Youth Conference in August, Hillary Weeks spoke a lot about doubts and working to over come them. So I have basically been running away for almost a year. I don't want to be in the stomach of a whale... not even figuratively.
- That I will never be as good at running as I was a year and a half ago.
- That Heavenly Father no longer needs me to work with Him to bring understanding and the love of Christ to His children. You know, because I can't be YW President anymore. Not exactly logical, but this is a big one.
- That I am failing as a mother and one day my children will escape and never look back.
- That I am failing as a daughter and therefore deserve my fate with my own daughters.
- That one day, I will be too overwhelmed/afraid to leave my house. And then I will be that crazy old lady who little kids are afraid of.
- That there is no longer a place for me in the things I put on hold for the past few years.
Alright, so this is starting to depress
me. I think I have a good list of doubts. Now is time to start
putting them to rest.
Today's Scripture: Hebrews 10: 35- 36
35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
Today's Talk: The Hope of God's Light
This is the talk that finally made it through my thick head to spur me to action.
No comments:
Post a Comment