Today's Report:
This might be a little disjointed. My brain works that way sometimes.
What I learned today... I have to be in the belly of that fish. That sucks! But honestly, it feels like the wind against my family; the tempest of our sea rages. And while my family has cried to the Lord, I slept. Now the only solution is for me to enter the "belly of hell" and cry to the Lord with the confidence that like Jonah, the Lord will hear me. And I should hold fast to the confidence of David that "thou wilt not leave my soul in hell".
My prayer for today is inspired by that of David in Psalms 143:
"Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift my soul unto thee. Deliver me, O Lord, from mine enemies: I flee unto thee to hide me. Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness. Quicken me, O Lord, for thy name’s sake: for thy righteousness’ sake bring my soul out of trouble." v.8-11
President Uchtdorf offered great comfort for the duration. He says, "He (Heavenly Father) does not wish to break your spirit. On the contrary, He desires that you rise up and become the person you were designed to be." So it's good, right?
You know, President Uchtdorf is one of my all time favorite speakers. The one constant in all his addresses is that God does not expect us to be perfect in order to receive His love. It is not something we can win by our great skills or talents or even our perseverance. It is not something we become qualified for. It is not something we have to die for. "Isn’t it wonderful to know that we don’t have to be perfect to experience the blessings and gifts of our Heavenly Father? We don’t have to wait to cross the finish line to receive God’s blessings."
President Uchtdorf also promises, "The very moment you begin to seek your Heavenly Father, in that moment, the hope of His light will begin to awaken, enliven, and ennoble your soul. The darkness may not dissipate all at once, but as surely as night always gives way to dawn, the light will come."
No comments:
Post a Comment