Tuesday, April 30, 2013

DD Day Two

Today's Scripture: Romans 8:31

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?"

Today's Talk: : "Look Up" Elder Carl B. Cook

In the 7-Day Doubt Diet, Renee Swope discusses the different frequencies we may be on. She says that just like a radio, we have AM (against me) and FM (for me) frequencies. I haven't ever thought of it this way. I have used the radio as an analogy for tuning into the spirit. If I am just 0.1 off of the station, sometimes it doesn't come in clear. You know things like that. But I had never considered that there might be entirely different frequency that can all be picked up by a radio. Or, in this case, by me. So I have been thinking today, what frequency do I tend to tune into? And can changing my thoughts be as easy as switching the frequency I choose to listen to?

Instantly, one of my most favorite scriptures came to mind when I was thinking on this. Jeremiah 29:11-14, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the Lord..." So now, I need to try to think more like God. Tune into His frequency and trust that His thoughts towards me are of peace and that He will be found of me. Specifically found in my head whispering FM (for me) thoughts.

Today's job is to keep a journal. Just like you might keep a food diary, you should keep a doubt diary. So today, when I doubt myself I will try to recognize it for what it is.

 

No comments: