Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Gracie!!!


Two years ago I welcomed this sweet little girl into the world.
It felt like eternity as we waited for her and wondered if she would ever come. Then I spent the entire day of September 29, 2006 bringing her here. At 10:14 she finally came! It was an amazing moment; that first time I saw her. Her tiny head. Her little hands. Everything about her was perfect.


I tried really hard to keep her tiny. I begged her not to grow-up. Every day I asked her to stay small and cuddly. She didn't listen. She just kept growing. Every day she got a little bigger. A little more independent. A little more of a little girl and a little less of a tiny baby.


I loved to see each new skill; each new development. I cheered her on when she began to roll over. To scoot. To crawl. To walk. To talk. I didn't want her to do any of these things. I wanted her to stay a baby. And yet, I was so proud of her every time she accomplished something new.


Then before I knew it she was one. And sweet and sassy and funny. She had us laughing all the time. Sometimes she would still cuddle with me, but she was becoming more and more independent.

She kept growing. Still sweet. Still sassy. Still funny. She loved to swing and play outside. She loved to be a big girl and do everything that her sisters did.

Now she is two! She's been acting two for a long time now. But at 10:14 it will be official. She is too little for my birthday interview, so I will tell you her favorite things based on my observations:

Favorite Foods: Raviolis and Lasagna
Favorite Toys: Baby dolls
Puppies
Pooh Bear
Favorite Show: My Friends Tigger and Pooh
Favorite Book: The Napping House
Favorite Activities: Playing outside on her swing set
"Beep Beep"
Throwing her diaper away
Taking kids to school
Watching a show (especially in the middle of the night)
Playing with mom's make-up
Dislikes: Not getting her way

Favorite Snack: Fruit Leather
BFFs: Emy, Siah, Cole and Noah!
P.S. For those of you hoping for a trip report... Sorry, I had to do this first. Check back later.

5 comments:

Emily K. said...

Happy Birthday Grace! Wow, she's officially two.
We missed you, I'm looking forward to all the fun details of your trip!

Amy said...

what a cute little girl!
glad you are home.

Jaqui said...

It's not fair to make me cry when I read your blog. She is not supposed to get bigger.

Happy Birthday Gracie!

heather said...

Happy Birthday Gracie, and welcome back Kelli... man that was a long trip. :)

Amanda said...

Could she be any cuter?! How fun! Hope you had a great trip--glad you are back safe!