Grace had a long list of things she planned to do with Noah when we saw him in Idaho. And I am happy to report that she was able to complete all of them.
Next, the Zoo to see giant animals and snakes:



Next up was swimming with Noah. They had a blast in the pool, though I have to wonder what my sister is teaching her son about chivalry when he started yelling out, "Don't get me dad. Not me. Not me. Get the girls!":

The only thing on Gracie's list that was a bit tricky, was a sleepover with Noah, so we settled for 2 silly pajama parties. This worked fine the first night, but on the second, Gracie cried herself to sleep saying, "Noah, come back.":

The last thing Gracie planned on doing was hold Baby Brynley. Brynley wasn't very fond of this plan:
But Brynley really enjoyed stealing Gracie's paci!
Despite what Noah and Gracie thought, the real reason for us being in Idaho was to run the Famous Idaho Potato Half Marathon! Jamie and I were so excited!! We did it! 

We finished 13.1 miles, one bathroom break and a fleeting thought of stopping at the spa instead in 2 hours 26 minutes and 36.8 seconds. The route was beautiful! And the time seemed to fly by. And because it was the Famous Potato race we celebrated with baked potatoes at the finish line!
PS Steve, Mike and all the girls came too! They had a lot of fun visiting and playing.
9 comments:
Next year, I'm coming too...even if it kills me!
YEAH!!! You did it! I'm so proud of you! That's awesome. Next year, Jamie can come down and we'll all do Ogden together!
What is all this talk of next year? As it is, my very reliable internet based medical research has told me I have stage 4 tendinosis in my ankle and can't run for a month! But it was worth it, I had lots of fun. Thank you, Kelli for keeping me going! I missed you lots, Jaqui, wish you could have been there.
Well Jamie, that still gives you eleven months to train ;p I am sorry about your tendinosis! You did great considering you had to be in more pain than you let on!
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Congratulations! Way to go!
I'm really proud of both of you AND your sister Jaqui for your running accomplishments this past weekend!
I loved Grace's fun weekend and am very jealous I didn't get to have fun in Boise with my cousins (they even live there!). Maybe I'll come with you next year and while you run, I'll visit them!
Good job girls, Iam proud of you all. The running and all the accomplishments you have had in you life's. You have always been good for each other.
Love you all.
Glad to hear Noah & Grace had a good time, I hope the other kids did too.
Kelli-You're awesome! Your time was great (not that I'd know a bad time). You and your sis. look super too! Very inspirational!
Post a Comment