Dear Mom,
As a child I thought that I had a special talent for dropping clues. I thought that if I hinted enough for sure you would know how I was feeling or what I wanted. I was positive that all my clues where sooooooo obvious. After all, I knew exactly how I was feeling and I thought up the clues. Of course, anyone would be able to figure them out. And if they didn't, I could always pout and mope around the house so that everyone would try a little harder to read my mind.
I am so sorry! As a mother, I know realize that the title "mom" does not include the ability to read minds. I am sorry that I was so annoying waiting for people to guess what I wanted. I am sorry that I would pout so often and then deny that I was doing it. And I am so sorry that I am now getting exactly what I deserve. Yes, mom, your wishes have come true.... I now have a child just like me! And (surprise surprise) I can't read her mind! But I'm positive that she expects me too. Man, that is so annoying!
Love,
Kelli
8 years ago
4 comments:
So true how we think! You are so sweet, I love the insight you share.
As a kid I thought ALL moms could read minds. As a mom I now realize ESP is a work of science fiction writers!
You don't have to be sorry, As long as she turns out to be as wonderful, and special as you are. Love you.
That is why I don't have any girls. I always thought it was a curse, NOW I know if I had a daughter that put me through all the things I put my parents through, it probably wouldn't have turned out as well for her.
Luckily, your girls have a nice, loving, and patient mom. You're doing a great job.
Post a Comment