Friday, November 7, 2008

The Secret Workings of Stay-at-Home Moms

My sister Jamie told Steve about this very funny website: http://www.stuffmormonslike.com/ He seems to think that this post is true.


"Excessive blogging and scrapbooking
Posted by tia
at March 10, 2008
What do stay at home moms do with all that time on their hands. Well they scrapbook and do cute little crafts. Then after they make those cute crafts they post them on their blog for everyone to see! And now scrapbooking has gone digital so their blogs are their very own perfect little scrapbook. Then they go around excessively commenting on everyone’s blog and we all tell each other how cute we are and how creative we are and pretty much just make ourselves feel great and inadequate at the same time! It’s huge and again is very hot among mormon stay at home moms. Okay so we all do it but hey it is pretty crazy! "


I don't know... what do you think? Is this true?


By the way here is what I have been working on lately:






It is eating up all my computer time so I have not been keeping up my blog. (Sorry to anyone who cares). Oh yeah, and it is winter. This is the time that I have hibernate (translation: hide). You know, stay in my house and shut all the windows. I guess my blog is too much like a window.

Anyway, go ahead and excessively comment on my blog and tell me how cute I am and how creative I am.... ;)

8 comments:

ducknme said...

You are excessivly cute and creative! I love your scrapbook pages. Especially the Pooh one.

However I would like to point out that anyone who thinks stay-at-home-moms only sit around and scrapbook or blog all day have never stayed at home and tried to get short people to school, make breakfast, clean house, do laundry before the in-laws stop by, make beds, go grocery shopping and plan dinner all before the non-stay-at-homer gets home! (and all I want is half an hour to my self!)

Okay, all done venting now!

Amy said...

Kelli,
you are great! I do love your scrapbook pages though! You truly have a talent of making beautiful pages. It is a talent that I have envied of you for years. I would have told you that even if I wasn't a stay at home blogger:)And if you hadn't asked us to tell you so.
Oh and I wish life allowed me to "hibernate" this winter too. I find it hard to want to be out there interacting with others this year!

Jamie said...

You are SO cute and creative, and I envy you for it! Are you going to post any of those pages to phanfare, because I would love to have the "Princess Brynley" page.

heather said...

I agree with the post and with the comments. You are lovely, and super talented. And this is a craze, but a good one... I feel justified.

It was great to get to talk to you today. You are the best.

Amanda said...

This might be excessive but YOU ARE SO CUTE AND CREATIVE! And I actually really mean that--I think we all need a little love and validation and I think this is an easy way to get it!

Jaqui said...

Dido, dido, dido, dido. You know I want to grow up to be just like you, right. Thanks for letting me 'hang' at your house last night... I swear I was only going to be there for a minute. :)

Tiffany said...

OH MY GOSH YOU ARE AMAZING!!! Welcome back to the blogging world. You've been missed.

Keith Van Orden said...

Kelli:
First, as I told you, I love reading your blog. You have such a way with words I think a book is in order!
Two. My girls were standing here with me while I was going through people's blogs. She saw a picture of Esme on someone's blog and said "Hey that looks like my teacher in Primary. Sariah's Mom".
Very observant, ins't she?
We love you,
Sherrie